Energysage solar panels
Renewable energy is a sustainable alternative to reduce the footprint left by human activity on the environment. Using sources such as air, water or the sun is a fundamental measure to avoid the use of polluting and non-biodegradable waste. In this article we will focus on the source that comes from the sun and we will tell you what solar energy is and what it is for.
What is solar energy?
To know what solar energy is, it is enough to look at the Sun: it is that which comes from the sun’s rays, which provide light during the day. Each particle of sunlight that reaches the Earth’s surface, known as a photon, contains energy that powers our planet.
Solar energy is the main source of our weather systems and energy sources on Earth. An amount of solar radiation reaches the surface of the planet every hour to cover our global energy needs for almost an entire year. One of the characteristics that define what solar energy is is that it can be harnessed and converted for use through solar or photovoltaic collectors.
It has an inexhaustible character, which makes it one of the most beneficial renewable resources. Its environmental impact is minimal, since it does not produce waste or emit greenhouse gases. However, it has many advantages and some disadvantages . For example, a negative factor is the dependence of the amount of sunlight that falls on the surface in each area of the planet. The sun does not arrive in a similar way in all parts of the world.
Depending on its origin and processing, there are different types of solar energy. These are:
- Solar thermal energy : uses sunlight to generate heat. It can be applied both domestically and industrially. This type of renewable energy requires an installation made up of solar collectors on the roof of the house or on large tracts of land in a solar thermal power plant. Through these collectors, thermal energy is transformed into mechanical energy, thus generating electricity.
- Photovoltaic solar energy : its production is one of the simplest that exists in the field of green energies. It is for this reason that its use and application is widespread, mainly in those areas where daylight hours predominate. Its installation is made up of photovoltaic solar panels made up of silicon cells that convert sunlight into energy, directing it to the electrical network for use.
- Active Solar Energy : This type of renewable energy is what is used for domestic use. It can be used to produce air currents for ventilation or cooling.
- Passive solar energy : it uses the heat of the sun and does not require the use of other mechanisms.
- Concentrated solar thermal energy : its use requires the installation of lenses or mirrors that concentrate a large amount of sunlight on a small surface. This type of renewable energy transforms light into heat, driving a thermal engine generating an electric current.
What is photovoltaic solar energy for?
The Sun provides all living beings with light, energy and heat, but human beings can take more advantage of the sun’s rays to cover some needs that, until now, depended on other more polluting forms of energy, and thus make use of this energy. renewable energy . Find out what photovoltaic solar energy can be used for:
- Electricity. Through photovoltaic panels, it can be converted into electrical energy. These panels are made up of materials that, combined with others such as phosphorous, can generate negative and positive charges and create electricity. When photons from the sun’s rays excite electrons, they move toward positive charges and electric current is produced.
- Heating and heat. Solar panels are made up of parabolic mirrors that absorb the sun’s rays and direct them towards a particular point, which is usually a water tank. This is heated and flows to the homes so that it can be used in different ways: shower, kitchen, heating…
- Generate cold. Oddly enough, solar energy can also be used to create cold air, like air conditioners. This is the so-called “solar cold”, a sustainable alternative that is achieved through the above process by adding a material to the solar panels that absorbs heat to transform warm air into cold.
- Artificial irrigation. For irrigation systems in gardens, farming areas or parks, solar water pumps can be used that facilitate the extraction and transport of large amounts of water thanks to the electricity produced by the photovoltaic solar panels connected to them.
Solar energy is one of the simplest and easiest to produce energy sources that exist. Its operation is based on the Sun as a natural emitter of photons that travel at the speed of light to the surface of the planet. For the transformation of light alone into electrical energy, an installation of photovoltaic modules is needed. These modules or panels capture the sun’s radiation through a series of photovoltaic cells and transform it into electrical current.
Solar energy to power means of transport
- Means of transport: Air pollution is one of the major problems facing the planet. Getting transport alternatives is essential to achieve a more sustainable world. It can also be used in electric cars through photovoltaic solar panels. With them, the vehicles transform the sun’s rays from the solar collectors into energy to move more cleanly.
When defining what solar energy is, it must be taken into account that it does not only work through the technology used by human beings to reconvert and reuse it. It also acts in nature directly.
- Photosynthesis . Solar energy allows plants and algae to carry out photosynthesis. It is the process by which these living beings obtain the organic matter and energy they need to live. To do this, they capture the sun’s rays through chlorophyll, a very light-sensitive pigment found in plant cells. It is important because it provides us with the oxygen we need to live and lowers CO2 levels.
- Source of vitamin D. Sunlight does not directly provide vitamin D to humans. However, they do activate the enzymatic process of the skin cells to be able to manufacture it. Thanks to it, the body can have calcium, essential for bones, muscle movement, the nervous system and the immune system.
- Corporal temperature regulation. The body of all animals needs a certain temperature. Depending on their ability to self-regulate, they can be classified as endotherms or ectotherms. For these, solar energy is very important, since they cannot regulate the temperature by themselves, and their survival depends on the heat of the sun.
Benefits of solar energy
The climate crisis is making us review our habits to minimize our environmental impact. Opting for renewable energy instead of fossil fuels is one of these necessary actions to build a more sustainable planet.
The popularity of this type of energy has prompted democratization of access to greener energy sources. The production of electricity through sunlight has multiple advantages and benefits.
- It is an ecological energy source and whose production does not produce waste.
- The impact of photovoltaic solar energy is much lower than even other renewable energies such as wind power.
- Thanks to technological advances, solar energy is being reused. And it is that solar energy can be stored to transform it into electrical energy, thus taking advantage of any type of surplus generated.
- Contributes to sustainable development:
- Helps reduce the use of fossil fuels
Solar energy: what you need to know
Welcome one more day to the blog of Ereco Ambiental, your solar energy company in Terrassa . As we already know, the Sun is one of the most important sources of energy in the world, and is responsible for maintaining the various forms of life on earth.
Solar energy is a clean and inexhaustible resource, since it does not pollute the environment. We must know that solar energy is the result that comes from capturing light and heat energy from the Sun. This energy is transformed into electrical or mechanical energy through solar panels through the photovoltaic effect.
Uses of solar energy
Although there are countless uses for solar energy in Terrassa , the main and most used are:
- Solar energy can be used for heating and lighting different buildings in Terrassa .
- On the other hand, solar energy is perfect for heating the water in swimming pools in Terrassa .
- Finally, solar energy powers the domestic hot water supplies in the domestic, service, industry and agricultural sectors of Terrassa .
Advantages of solar energy
- Solar energy in Terrassa allows us to save fuel costs and becomes more independent of energy prices that rise due to the depletion of oil reserves.
- Solar energy in Terrassa has a completely unlimited source which is the Sun.
- Harvesting solar energy is really easy as there are no moving parts, no thermodynamic cycles, and no chemical reactions needed.
- Solar energy is a very reliable source and is really low maintenance.
- We must remember that solar energy in Terrassa is the only renewable energy that can be installed on a massive scale in urban centers such as Terrassa .
- In addition, the installation of the plates does not require large infrastructures.
- It is also clean energy , as a solar energy system to generate electricity for a Terrassa home can potentially remove 18 tons of greenhouse gas emissions into the environment each year.
- You can find solar energy anywhere. It is the best way to promote electricity to isolated and remote places.
- The panels to provide solar energy in Terrassa adapt to any need, this is because solar energy systems can be designed to be flexible and expandable.
- The only cost associated with the use of solar energy is the cost of manufacturing the components and installation of Terrassa ‘s solar energy systems . After this initial investment there are no additional costs associated with use.
As we already know, solar energy is an unlimited renewable resource, that is why we must take advantage of it in order to contribute to the environmen
Energysage best solar panels:
En este ssitio web podras encontrar mucha informacion sobre energia solar, energia solar termica y paneles solares. Podras acceder a revisiones sobre paneles solares y como encontrar los mejores paneles solares.
Energysage solar calculator
En Energysage puedes acceder a una calculadora solar que te ayudara con esta tarea. Calculate your solar panel savings
EnergySage helps you find your solar options
Compare las mejores ofertas de instaladores que viven cerca de t ubicacion.
¿Qué hace EnergySage ® Marketplace por usted?
Think of EnergySage as an unbiased solar energy exchange that connects homeowners with a network of more than 500 pre-approved solar installers. People who use EnergySage typically save between $5,000 and $10,000 compared to hiring a single installer.
Our platform generates multiple bids to install solar on your behalf, calculates the financial benefits of each bid, and presents them in an easy-to-understand format. Our mission is to make solar as easy as booking a flight online.