Surely you have ever heard of the well-known solar farms and it is that, every day it is more common to see this type of photovoltaic plants in the lands of Spanish geography.
Spain is one of the countries in Europe that enjoys the most hours of sunshine per yearas can be seen in the following map, which shows an average of the annual hours of sunshine in each place on the peninsula.
What is a Solar Garden?
If vegetable or fruit crops are grown, why not cultivate the sun? From the classic concept of a garden is where, today, the name of solar garden comes from.
And it is that, at present, there are many companies that seek to obtain land for the installation of photovoltaic plantscommonly called solar farms or gardens.
An solar farm It involves the use of rustic farms, thanks to the fact that these are rented to companies for the installation of solar panels.
Therefore, we can say that the creation of a solar farm entails a partnership between several investorswhose objective is to create clean energy by sharing land, infrastructure and costs.
Another of the objectives of the union of these small investors is, of course, the small-scale energy productionto sell it to the electricity network, which will mean the benefit of this type of installation.
Undoubtedly, it is a way of producing green energy on the rise and that, in addition, has the possibility of being financed through lines of grants and aid for its creation, available in several Autonomous Communities such as Murcia, Andalusia or Navarra.
Considerations to take into account in Solar Gardens
It’s very important have a suitable team of specialistswhich fully supervises the installation and maintenance process of the photovoltaic installation.
For this, it is necessary create customized maintenance plans based on the needs of each installationas well as detailing the actions carried out in the initial check, where the correct functioning of the facilities will be verified, and monitor your performancein addition to guaranteeing protection and security measures.
Thus, the solar garden will be totally efficientwith optimized performance and guaranteed best performance.
How to Mount a Solar Garden
The solar farm concept implies the association of several investors, so, first of all, it is necessary create an alliance with other entrepreneurs.
Once the association is achieved, the next step will be the search for suitable land, in which several solar panels can be installed. In this sense, it is very important that the plot is close to an evacuation point set by the Electricity Network or, otherwise, its cost will be much higher.
To carry out the installation, it is advisable, as explained above, to hire a company specialized in this type of installation, as well as carry out all the necessary procedures to be able to produce and sell energy.
On the other hand, there is also the possibility of buying turnkey solar farms. That is, plots with the installation already carried out previously and ready to produce energy.
Yield of a Solar Farm
Approximately, one hectare of solar garden can supply the energy consumed by about 100 families.
Their costs are also quite low.since they are shared among the associates, which makes the initial investment and maintenance costs lower.
With this data it is estimated that from the age of 13, a solar garden can be fully self-financed or, what is the same, that it will only generate income.
Advantages of Photovoltaic Plants
Solar energy is a very cheap sourcewhose advantages are:
- It is a completely clean energysince it does not generate any type of waste in its production.
- It does not pollute. In other words, it does not generate CO2 emissions, which makes it clean and ecological.
- Efficient. Solar panels have better quality every day, so they are much more efficient, an advantage when it comes to harnessing the energy produced by the sun.
- Price. Over the years, solar panel installations have been reducing their cost, so currently, having a self-consumption installation is very affordable.
- Durability and resistance. The useful life of a solar panel is between about 25 and 35 years in optimal conditions, since they are highly resistant to adverse weather conditions.
- Low maintenance. Solar panels do not require much maintenance, which reduces their cost in the medium and long term.
- Does not pollute acoustically. Solar plants do not produce any noise, so They are perfect to install in both residential and natural environments.in which the environment will not be affected.
- It is an inexhaustible source of energy. This source of energy is renewable and inexhaustible. So why not take advantage of it?
Examples of Solar Gardens in Spain
Next, we show you several examples of how to take advantage of unused land for the installation of solar panels and, therefore, for the production of clean energy.
La Dehesica I in La Roda (Albacete)
La Castra Photovoltaic Solar Park (Albacete)
El Derramadero Solar Park (Albacete)
As you have seen throughout the article, the path to sustainable development thanks to the use of renewable energies is becoming more widespread every day and it is that this way of producing clean energy thanks to solar farms is very effective in our country.