Next I will explain to you what are the elements or devices that make up a photovoltaic installation, which is responsible for generating electricity to be used in the home.
Elements of a photovoltaic installation: cells, modules, inverters
What is a photovoltaic installation? What elements is it made of? These are cells, modules, inverters (inverters), meters, wiring, battery and others. In civilized countries, awareness of the need to use renewable energy sources is increasingly clear. Therefore, there is a growing interest in photovoltaics, which is the most accessible, relatively cheap and ergonomic way to get free electricity from the sun. Such a facility is available to anyone who owns a house or a piece of land available. The system consists of cells that form modules and an inverter . How are they built and how do they work?
Photovoltaic energy: the solution of the future
The sun is an inexhaustible source of energy . People have felt it since the dawn of time, but they were unable to utilize this potential in the way that they do today. Yes, water was heated or food products were freeze-dried, but technological advances did not allow much more. In the past, today there was simply no possibility. However, times have changed and now we can use solar energy and convert it into alternating current, which is the same that we know from our contacts. The growing popularity and sale of photovoltaic installations is produced, among others, by aspects such as:
- Ecology : we are a society that has access to education and information. Thanks to this, our awareness of what is happening to our planet increases. Unfortunately, it is not going well. Therefore, conscious individuals try to act in favor of the natural environment. We can take care of them not only by giving away plastic straws, segregating garbage, but also by supplying ourselves with energy produced by the sun.
- Economics : None of us like to overpay, and constant increases in energy prices are a given. Also, we like to be independent. Some people can’t afford power outages, they want to be sure they won’t happen. This is the case, for example, of companies or farms that use machines for their activities, or even complete systems for whose operation electricity is necessary. In general, it becomes cheaper, safer, and more independent.
- The need to move away from non-renewable energy sources : There is increasing talk around the world that the production of electricity from fossil fuels will not only lead to its final depletion, but will also have a destructive effect on quality from air. thus in our health. From time to time, the EU sets out plans for member states that they must implement and that strive to increase the share of renewable energy sources in energy production.
- Availability of photovoltaic solutions – More and more companies, producers, long guarantees, professional consultations, consultancy, assembly, service and even help in finding the right subsidies.
- Other amenities – Legal regulations on renewable energy, numerous investment financing programs, lower cost than a few years ago, when photovoltaics were a complete novelty. In addition, we can count on tax and credit allowances.
What does a photovoltaic installation consist of? Construction of photovoltaic panels (diagram):
What is construction of photovoltaic panels? The elements of a photovoltaic installation are:
Solar cells or photovoltaic panels: the construction of each individual panel is based on photovoltaic cells connected in series. What is the structure of a photovoltaic cell? Depending on the type of cells, it is possible to divide into two groups: monocrystalline and polycrystalline panels.
Photovoltaic modules: they are systems of solar cells in series or in series-parallel. In most photovoltaic modules, the semiconductor material is silicon in the form of monocrystalline or polycrystalline wafers.
Inverter also known as inverter: it is a device that is the operating center of the entire installation. Guide all processes.
The inverter is a very important element of the set, because it transforms the direct voltage generated by the panels into alternating current, with a frequency voltage compatible with that of our plugs.
Other elements: these include: electricity consumption and production meter, necessary wiring, battery, some choose to buy batteries to store the energy produced and use it at another time.
1. photovoltaic panels 2. DC / AC inverter 3. electrical switching equipment 4 . home network 5. bidirectional meter 6. electrical network
As you can see, the scheme of a photovoltaic installation consists of a number of elements, such as: cells, inverters also known as inverters, photovoltaic modules and more. However, in addition to the components that make up the photovoltaic installation scheme , elements such as dimensions and the number of modules that we have to use are also important, how many panels will be necessary for the application depends on the specific demand. However, we can rest assured, because there are specialists who will help us determine everything.
Generally, customers choose a power between 10 and 15 kW. However, this range applies to fairly common single-family homes. For more demanding farms, a photovoltaic scheme is a little different and the power can be much higher. From specialists, we can also count on full advice related to the optimal installation location, and then professional assembly and full maintenance support.