Solar panels for air conditioning: a profitable option? Air conditioners consume a lot of energy and the cost of electricity today leads us to think about options to lower this cost, one of them is the installation of solar panels in your home.
Solar panels for air conditioning: a profitable option?
The use of Solar Panels is progressively increasing in companies and homes, due to the benefits it offers as an alternative to traditional energy, for an air conditioner four (4) solar panels are generally used, which have the following advantages:
- Solar energy obviates the annual emission of 75,000 kg of CO2 , thus reducing the greenhouse effect, which affects climate change.
- Reduces traditional electricity consumption, which consumes 75 tons of CO2 into the atmosphere annually.
- It also helps you lower the cost of your bill for this consumption and you contribute to the environment.
- Solar energy is clean energy, bone does not generate harmful waste in the environment.
What are solar panels for air conditioning?
Solar panels are plates that adapt to electronic devices, including thermal regulation devices, such as air conditioning devices, which use electrical energy and have a high energy consumption, they are generally used in hot seasons and places few ventilated.
Are Solar Panels for air conditioning a profitable option?
They are an option depending on the importance you give them, such as taking into account the hot seasons in spring and summer, in which the photovoltaic panels have greater power due to the intensity of the sun. You must bear in mind that its installation is expensive. Therefore, you should check if you are only going to need it in the hot months or also in spaces with little ventilation.
Photovoltaic solar panels are ideal for air conditioners, electricity is generated by sunlight, which feeds the electronic device with clean energy.
Where are these solar panels installed?
The solar panels are installed on the outside of the house, a building where the greatest amount of radiation reaches the silicon plates. Once installed, you connect the air conditioning directly to the solar panel, generating a totally cool environment during those hot months.
Types of solar panels for air conditioning
Photovoltaic solar panels are the ones used by air conditioners, these are divided by type of crystalline silicon cell, the first on the market, there are also thin and amorphous sheet cells, which due to their material cover ten percent. Solar photovoltaic panels are divided into 3 groups:
- Monocrystalline panels: Formed by silicon crystals, generating monocrystalline ingots used as base plates, this transmits a high volume of energy (compared to the others) , with a useful life of approximately 40 years and an efficiency value of 17% , when exposed to light it emits a dark blue color.
- Polycrystalline panels: Also formed by silicon crystals, in rectangular molds, with a lower efficiency than monocrystalline panels, their manufacture is simpler and cheaper, it is recognized because it emits an almost black color
- Thin layer panels: They are made up of several layers of photovoltaic material, they use amorphous silicon, indium, gallium, cadmium or selenium , they require little manufacturing material . Thin films efficiently absorb photons to a lesser degree than crystalline silicon cells. They are called second generation cells and are widely used in calculators and watches due to their ability to bend.
Necessary elements to install solar panels for air conditioning
For its installation you require:
- Charge regulator.
- Photovoltaic panels.
Solar panels are a profitable option to supply air conditioners that, as we already know, are large energy consumers.